Climate Change and Accountable Governance Intern
|Title:||Climate Change and Accountable Governance Intern|
|Program / Division:||Advocacy|
DescriptionCategory: Intern (Multiple opportunities)
Location: Washington DC
Team: Policy and Advocacy
Time & Duration: Maximum of 20 hours per week (5-6 months)
Start date: Preferred start dates 09/01/2014 (negotiable)
Salary: Unpaid internship (for course credit or other academic supervision only)
CWS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
Please note that CWS does not accept resumes for positions that are not posted. All applicants are required to submit their resume using the on-line applicant tracking system.
CWS uses Applicant Stack for all communications, please be sure to check your e-mail frequently and please check your junk/spam folder. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those individuals shortlisted will be contacted.
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Our DC Office is a part of the Policy and Advocacy department which is looking for an intern to organize events to observe the 5th
Commemoration of the 2010 Haitian earthquake and preparation for the climate change summit.
If you are a current undergraduate or post graduate student, seeking course credits or additional experience in Climate Change and/or Accountable Governance in a Policy and Advocacy environment, then this internship with CWS may be suitable.
- Research, writing, communications, attendance at meetings.
- Assistance with planning, coordination of logistics, budget, and event organization relating to the 5th commemoration of Haitian earthquake.
- Assistance with the elaboration of policy, advocacy and communications briefs on various issues pertinent to humanitarian and development challenges in Haiti and Climate Change.
- Attendance at relevant meetings.
- Assists with other duties as requested.
- Interest in or experience of working on Climate Change and or in human rights, governance, children’s rights, housing/shelter issues.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to work as a team player in a culturally diverse environment.
- Capable of multi-tasking, patient and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to write well and communicate fluently in English.
- Competency in French, Haitian Kreyól or Spanish would be an advantage.
- Ability to use word processing and budgeting applications.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications